Join our Team!
Corus Radio Ottawa is always on the lookout for great new talent to join our vibrant, fun and winning culture!
You will be joining a collaborative and inclusive culture that encourages a passion for learning; helping to create a work environment that embodies the Corus Core Values of Accountability, Initiative, Innovation, Knowledge, and Teamwork.
Are you looking for an awesome job that will get you into the coolest events and concerts in the city? A job that PAYS you to meet and engage with new people? A job to JUMP! start your career in media?
If you love being in social situations and love being the life of the party, then we want YOU!
Street Team Member – Part-Time
Work Status: Casual
About the Role
Corus Radio Ottawa is searching for our next Street Team Member for an entry-level Promotions/Public Relations position.
If you have a youthful, outgoing, energetic and approachable personality and you LOVE engaging with the public both face-to-face and through social media, then we want to meet you! We’re looking for bright young people who love to work as a team, and who can get creative in on-site situations.
Reporting to the Promotions Assistant and Promotions Director, you’ll be responsible for representing our radio stations all over town while creating fun, memorable experiences for our listeners. You’ll also have the opportunity to fill roles in administration, digital and social media!
You must thrive on being the centre of attention and never be afraid of approaching people, or of having too much fun!
- Represent Corus Radio throughout the Ottawa area and execute station appearances on the street, at events, concerts, festivals, client locations, movie premieres, etc.
- Engage with listeners and make them remember you.
- Be a social media expert, posting pics to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook from station events, concerts, on the street, etc. You should be the first person to know what’s going on.
- Promote the station and brand with a big smile! Be outgoing, enthusiastic and have fun.
- Assist the digital team by sharing Corus content across social media and the creating and shooting of video!
- Responsible, reliable and punctual. Always represent the station in a professional manner.
- Be able to fill in on reception as needed.
What We Need From You:
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available weekends/evenings/holidays.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid class “G” Ontario drivers licence and a clean driving record.
- Excellent geographic knowledge of Ottawa.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, team environment.
- Able to lift and carry equipment as required.
- Previous promotional and social media experience is an asset.
- Able to work 15 – 20 hours per week.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter and 3 references to Ryan.Forsyth@corusent.com by June 9, 2017. Please include “Street Team Member” in the subject line.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
Internal candidates must meet eligibility requirements before they can apply for an internal position at Corus, which includes being in their current role for at least 12 months. They must also indicate they are internal in the subject line. Please refer to the Recruitment Policy for more information.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We’re always searching for exceptional and creative people to join our sales team!
We’re looking for passionate and enthusiastic people who want to break down walls and make things happen! Your task will be selling advertising campaigns that deliver results to our clients in the Ottawa-Gatineau region!
You will have to be passionate, enthusiastic, resilient, and driven to be the best.
Our sales team is critical to our success.
Apply to join our team here. Please attach your current resume and cover letter addressed to Alex Stone, Sales Manager.
Please tell us why you think you would be an asset to our sales team, ie. Why do you think your commitment and passion is exactly what we’re looking for?