THE JUMP!™ BAYSHORE CONTEST (the “Contest”)
Official Rules and Regulations (the “Contest Rules”)
- THE CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest entry period commences at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 13, 2014 and concludes at 6:00 p.m. ET on October 12, 2014 (the “Contest Period”).
The Contest is open to residents of the Province of Ontario and Quebec, who, at the start of the Contest Period, are twenty-one (21) years of age or older, have a valid passport before and for the duration of the trip and be able to travel to the destination. Employees, directors and officers of Ivanhoe Cambridge Inc. (Bayshore Shopping Centre), CKQB-FM (the “Radio Station”), and Corus Entertainment Inc. (the “Contest Sponsors”) any affiliate (as defined in the Canada Business Corporations Act) of the Contest Sponsors (the “Affiliates”) employees, directors and officers of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, as well as those with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter the Contest.
The guest of the Grand Prize winner must also be able to travel to the destination. The guest may be under the age of majority (each, a “Minor”) so long as the Grand Prize winner is the custodial parent or legal guardian of such Minor and agrees to be fully and legally responsible for his/her Minor guest for the duration of the Grand Prize trip.
- HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
There are three (3) ways to enter:
(1) Download the JUMP! App and register as a user. Visit the JUMP! Lounge located on the first floor of Bayshore Shopping Centre located at 100 Bayshore Drive, Ottawa, Ontario, take a picture of yourself and your Bayshore Shopping Centre receipt (must be legible), submit the picture and upload the photo to the app (each, an “App Submission”). Each App Submission will be entered into the draw for the Daily Prize and the Grand Prize, as described below.
(2) Listeners who do not have a cell phone and/or do not wish to purchase any Bayshore Shopping centre products or pay any associated texting fees or charges may enter the Contest under the Written Submission Method as follows: Entrants must handwrite legibly on a blank piece of 8 ½ x 11” paper his or her full name, city and province of residence, postal code, phone number and email address, along with a written submission explaining why he or she would love to experience New Years Eve in New York City (each, a “Written Submission”). The Written Submission should then be hand-delivered or mailed to “JUMP! BAYSHORE CONTEST” c/o 1504 Merivale Road, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 6Z5. Written Submissions must comply with the Content Guidelines set out below, must be submitted separately and must be received at the Radio Station studios prior to the end of the Contest Period. Written Submissions do not qualify to be entered into the draw for the Daily Prizes, as described below. Written Submissions are to be used only in lieu of the JUMP! App Entry.
(3) Listeners can enter to win the Grand Prize by completing a ballot at the Jump Lounge located on the first floor of Bayshore Shopping Centre.
App Photo Submissions and Written Submissions (individually and collectively, the “Submission”) must be in accordance with the terms and conditions stated in these Contest Rules. Submissions must comply with the Content Guidelines as stated below. Failure to complete the form in full or comply with the Content Guidelines may result in disqualification, to be determined in Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion.
Submissions may appear on the Website, such decision to be made by Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion.
All entries become the physical property of the Contest Sponsors and will not be returned.
NOTE: Only one (1) Submission per person per day per method is permitted during the Contest Period. Multiple entries will be discarded. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
CONTENT GUIDELINES: Each entrant who submits a Submission must comply with the content guidelines below (collectively, “Content Guidelines”) below. Submissions that do not meet the following Content Guidelines are subject to disqualification and/or removal from the Contest Website (if applicable) at any time, to be determined in Contest Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion:
- be in jpg format.
- not exceed 1mb in size.
- contain image of the entrant only and must not infringe the rights of any third party (e.g., famous or non-famous persons).
- except for materials in the public domain, must be original, owned by the entrant, must not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity, but not limited to, privacy rights, or contain any third party logos, trademarks, or copyrighted materials, and must not have been submitted previously in any previous contest or exhibited or distributed publicly previously. Contest Sponsors do not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant is grounds for disqualification from the Contest, such decision to be made by Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion.
- not include material that: (a) is sexually explicit, indecent, obscene, violent, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, (b) is derogatory or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, (c) invades the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, (d) is unlawful, (e) is harmful to other users of the website such as viruses, trojan horses or other technologies that could adversely impact the Contest, and/or (f) is disparaging to the Contest Sponsors or is inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Contest Sponsors wish to associate (all of the foregoing to be determined in Contest Sponsors’ sole and absolute discretion).
- not reveal any personal information about another individual, including another person’s address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number or any information that may be used to track, contact or impersonate that individual.
- be in the English language and no more than one hundred (100) words in length.
- CONTENT RIGHTS:
Upon submission of their Submission to the Contest, entrants hereby irrevocably grant to Contest Sponsors, and each of their respective licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use, adapt and otherwise exploit the Submission, and all images, text and materials contained therein, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised (including, without limitation, CDs, DVDs, internet, film, television, print, interactive and mobile media), throughout the universe and in any and all languages. The foregoing grant includes, without limitation, the right to reproduce, record, perform, distribute, copy, edit, add to, subtract from, adapt, combine with other material and otherwise use the Submission without the need to compensate or attribute the entrants. Contest Sponsors, and each of their respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right to assign or sublicense any or all such rights. Without limiting the foregoing, Contest Sponsors will have the right to use the Submission and any images or excerpts contained therein in any merchandising, advertising, and promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose. Entrants hereby forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights (droit moral)” now or hereafter recognized in connection with Submission. Entrants assign all of the foregoing rights to Contest Sponsors free of any restrictions or third party obligations. Entrants agree that Contest Sponsors shall have the sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of Submissions and the discretion to refrain from doing so. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning Contest Sponsors or the Contest, without Contest Sponsors’ prior written consent, which may be withheld in their sole and absolute discretion. Submissions or any derivatives thereof that are posted on the Websites are available to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet. Each entrant acknowledges that other entrants may have created ideas contained in their Submissions that may have similarities to his/her own Submission, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Contest Sponsors because of these similarities
- WINNER SELECTION
Every day during the Contest Period at 5:00 p.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be randomly selected from the pool of App Submissions received as the potential winner of a Daily Prize, as described below.
On October 13, 2014, at 8:00 a.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be randomly selected from the pool of Submissions and ballots received as the potential winner of the Grand Prize, as described below.
The potential Daily Prize winners and Grand Prize winner will be contacted by a representative of one of the Contest Sponsors within one (1) business day of the draw by telephone and/or email, as provided by the entrants in their Contest entry forms. The potential Daily Prize winners and Grand Prize winner found to be ineligible, declines to accept a Daily Prize or the Grand Prize or who are unable to be contacted (including failing to return phone calls or emails) within three (3) business days of the draw may be required to forfeit his/her Daily Prize or the Grand Prize and another eligible entrant may be selected in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- THE GRAND PRIZE AND GRAND PRIZE VALUE
There is one (1) Grand Prize to be won. The Grand Prize consists of the following:
- return airfare, based on economy class, for two people between Ottawa, Ontario and New York City, New York departing December 30, 2014 and returning January 2, 2015 (the “Travel Period”)
- three (3) nights’ standard accommodations (based on double occupancy) at a hotel in New York City, to be determined by the Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion
- $500 CDN spending cash
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $3,125 CDN.
- THE DAILY PRIZE AND THE DAILY PRIZE VALUE
There are sixty-one (61) Daily Prizes to be won. Each Daily Prize consists of:
The Daily Prize winner will win his/her Bayshore Shopping Centre purchase shown in his/her App Submission, up to a maximum value of $150 CDN awarded in the form of a Bayshore Shopping gift card.
The terms by which the gift cards may be redeemed are governed by the individual retailer or service provider. Neither the Radio Station nor Corus Entertainment Inc. is responsible for administering or ensuring compliance with the terms and conditions relating to the gift cards.
Only one (1) Grand Prize and/or Daily Prize will be awarded per person. Entrants may win both the Grand Prize and a Daily Prize.
Hereinafter, the Grand Prize and the Daily Prize are collectively referred to as a “Prize” or “Prizes”, unless otherwise stated.
- DEADLINE FOR CLAIMING A PRIZE
Following confirmation as a Prize winner in accordance with the Contest Rules, selected entrants will be given instructions and a deadline as to how they must claim their Prize. Potential Prize winners who fail either to claim their Prize, or to inform the Contest Sponsors their inability to claim their Prize before the deadline, as instructed, may be required to forfeit their Prize and another eligible entrant may be selected in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS
i) All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein as part of the Daily Prize and Grand Prize description, including but not limited to sales taxes, ground transportation not specifically mentioned in Section 6 and 7, above, airport improvement fees, travel insurance, out-of-country medical insurance, if applicable, trip cancellation insurance, connector flights, sightseeing tours, tips, departure taxes, fees and surcharges, excess baggage fees, costs associated with obtaining travel documents, visas, or necessary vaccinations, meals, snacks and beverages, souvenirs or items of a personal nature (the “Expenses”) are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner (and/or guest where applicable). Grand Prize winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance, including but not limited to, medical) and hereby acknowledge that Contest Sponsors have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance;
ii) A valid credit card will be required upon check in at the hotel for the Grand Prize trip;
iii) The Grand Prize trip must be taken during the Travel Period noted in Section 6 above. All Grand Prize elements are subject to availability and substitution. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Contest Sponsors reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in their sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary from the same departure airport. Elements of the Grand Prize trip (including, without limitation, airfare and lodging) may not be used towards loyalty programs. If the Grand Prize winner is unable to travel during the Travel Period, he or she may be required to forfeit the Grand Prize and an alternate winner may be selected in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion;
iv) The Grand Prize winner and his/her travel guest must be in possession of a valid passport and other necessary travel documents upon selection, which documents must be valid prior to, and for the duration of the trip. The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must be able to travel to New York City, New York. Failure to obtain necessary travel documentation, including but not limited to, any requisite Travel Consent Forms proving that the custodial parent or legal guardian has the requisite permission to travel with a Minor, will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize;
v) If the guest of the Grand Prize winner is a Minor in his or her province of residence by the date the Grand Prize is awarded, the winner must be his/her custodial parent or legal guardian, who has agreed to be fully and legally responsible for his/her Minor guest for the duration of the Grand Prize trip; and
vi) The Grand Prize winner and his or her guest must comply with all applicable laws, including but not limited to, all local laws while in New York City, New York.
- ODDS OF WINNING
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
None of the Contest Sponsors makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of any Prize awarded in connection with the Contest. Prize winners understand and acknowledge that they may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from the Contest Sponsors should a Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to a Prize winner.
- DECLARATION AND RELEASE OF PRIZE WINNERS
Before being awarded a Prize, each selected entrant must:
(a) correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited skill-testing mathematical question, and
(b) each selected entrant and his or her guest (or guest(s)’s custodial parent or legal guardian, if a Minor), if applicable, each must sign a standard form Declaration and Release of Liability (the “Release Forms”) confirming that by entering the Contest:
- he or she read, understood and accepted these Contest Rules;
- that he or she understands that acceptance of a Prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence, and that, as a result, he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death;
- that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death arising out of or connected with his or her participation in the Contest and winning a Prize; and
- that he or she releases, discharges, indemnifies and holds harmless the Contest Sponsors, the Affiliates, the prize providers, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, independent contractors, representatives, licensors and agents as well as their respective advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a Prize, or in connection with participation in this Contest or a Contest-related activity, including, without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participating in the Contest or accepting a Prize, whether suffered by a Prize winner, or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors, and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of any or all of the Releasees.
Release Forms will be emailed to potential Prize winners at the email address provided on their Contest entry forms. Prizes will only be awarded upon (a) verification of the answer to the skill-testing question and (b) return of the fully executed Release Forms to the email or fax number provided to the Prize winners. Failure to return a signed Release Form as instructed by the Contest Sponsors may result in disqualification, to be determined in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion. The Grand Prize winner is responsible for obtaining and returning signed copies of Release Forms from his/her guest, if applicable.
- PRIZE SUBSTITUTION
Prizes and prize portions are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable, have no cash surrender value and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except as may be decided by Contest Sponsors in their sole and absolute discretion. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute and/or modify a Prize, or prize portion, with a Prize of equal or greater value for any reason. Should a Prize winner be unable to claim their Prize or prize portion as awarded, their rights to that Prize or prize portion may be forfeited, to be determined in Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion.
Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsors with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, reserve the right to cancel, suspend, terminate, and/or modify the Contest Rules or administration of the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including, if for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, tampering, fraud, corruption of security or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsors. The Releasees are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply a Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorists acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, tsunami, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labour or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, performers’ illness, injury or death, or any other cause beyond the Releasees’ sole control.
- OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
Subject to the terms contained in Section 17 below, all entries shall become the property of the Contest Sponsors and their advertising and promotional agencies. The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise indecipherable entries due to any failure or technical malfunction of the telephone network, on-line computer systems of equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems, failure of any email or submission or due to any other reason regardless of cause.
By entering the Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, throughout the world, in all media, in perpetuity, by the Contest Sponsors, promoters and their advertising and promotional agencies, without any payment or compensation. Prize winners further agree that their audio reaction may be used for on-air promotional purposes. Entrants understand and acknowledge that the Radio Station may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.
- CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsors that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Contest and/or Prizes. The Contest Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify, from this Contest and future contests of the Contest Sponsors, any individual who tampers with or in any way corrupts the entry process. The Contest Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest, future contests of the Contest Sponsors and/or winning a prize(s) if, in the Contest Sponsors’ sole discretion, the Contest Sponsors determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any unlawful or unfair playing practices relating to the Contest (including but not limited to the use of automated quick entry programs), prize(s), or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Contest Sponsors representatives. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including lawyers’ fees) from any such entrant or any other individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees that the Releasees shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by the entrant for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use, enjoyment or misuse of any Prize, or while preparing for, participating in any Contest-related or Prize-related activity. The Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by any of the Releasees, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions that may cause damage to a user’s system or limit an potential entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest.
- WHERE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS AVAILABLE
These Contest Rules are available online at the Website and at the Radio Station studios, located at 1504 Merivale Road and Bayshore Shopping Centre, 100 Bayshore Drive Ottawa, Ontario K2B 8C1.
- COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES
All entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.
For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct and awarding of a Prize in this publicity contest may be submitted to “La Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux” for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to La Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. All taxes on the prizes have been paid in accordance with the rules laid down by La Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec.
© Corus Entertainment Inc., 2014.
JUMP! is a trademark of Corus Radio Company. All Rights Reserved.