It’s not your fault if you’re a hopeless romantic. Blame it on Disney movies, romantic comedies, and The Bachelorette always making you believe that THIS time it’s really going to work out.
A new survey tried to gauge how many people are hopeless romantics versus being more down to Earth. Here are the results:
1. 23% of people believe there’s ONE soulmate for you in the world, and another 72% think we can have multiple soulmates.
2. 18% believe in love at first sight.
3. 89% like big romantic gestures, like chasing someone down before their plane leaves for art school in Paris to profess your love.
4. 49% of people would be fine being single for the rest of their life.
5. 35% would marry for money.
6. It’s split 50-50 on whether people say they could forgive someone who cheated on them.
7. And finally, 9% of people love Valentine’s Day . . . 11% hate it . . . and the other 80% are somewhere in the middle.