People flying from Canada to the US will face new security measures starting TODAY!!
- Enhanced passenger screening
- More screening of people’s personal devices(cell phone, tablet, etc.)
- Increased security protocols around the plane and areas with passengers
- More canine screening, using more advanced technology, and creating more pre-clearance locations
- ALSO, all electronic devices bigger than a smartphone, will have to be removed from their cases and will fully charged, in case they have to be inspected.
Both Westjet and Air Canada are asking people to arrive at least 2 hours before their flight, to deal with the new measures.
The new rules are for 280 airports worldwide that fly to the US.