Are you ready? Only 3 days to go till the big 1-5-0 for Canada. Here’s what’s open and closed this Saturday July 1st. Also note many businesses will be closed, and many services unavailable on Monday July 3rd since Canada Day falls on a weekend.
- Metro and Loblaws on Rideau street will be open all day and night, other locations will be closed.
- All Ottawa Farm Boy, Independent, Real Canadian Superstores will be closed.
- Whole Foods at Lansdowne will be open from 9 a.m to 7 p.m.
- Across the river IGA stores in Gatineau are business as usual.
LCBO & The Beer Store
- The Rideau St, Somerset St, Bank St, and Scott St Beer stores will open from 10am to 9pm. All others will be closed.
- All LCBO stores will be closed.
- LCBO stores will reopen July 2nd, and some may even have extended business hours. Check their store locator before going.
- The Rideau Centre is the only mall open. They will open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The St. Laurent Shopping Centre, Place D’Orleans, Bayshore, and Les Promenades Gatineau will all be closed.
- OC Transpo is free on Canada Day! Keep in mind they will be one a holiday schedule, but they will provide a little extra service during the day and right after the fireworks.
- Para Transpo is also offering free service on Canada Day, but they too will run on a holiday schedule for the 1st and the 3rd.
City of Ottawa
- No changes to the garbage and recycling pick up schedule
- All city parking regulations still apply
- City Hall and all service centres, will be closed until Tuesday July 4th.
- 311 contact line will be open for urgent matters only!
Also a good idea to check ahead and look at more than 50 road closures (ugh) that are happening around downtown this weekend. A full list on Tony’s blog HERE!