Get ready racers! The biggest race weekend in Canada, and one of the biggest in the world, Ottawa Race Weekend kicks off tomorrow!
43 thousand people are expected to get out and run in a marathon, half marathon, 10K, 5K, and 2K races.
If you’re not taking part but will be driving around downtown Ottawa there are a ton of road closures to know about (Also heads up Sunday Bike Day is cancelled for this weekend only).
One closure already started. Queen Elizabeth Drive is closed between Laurier and Somerset until Sunday night at 6:30.
As for the weekend:
On Saturday May 27th
Most closures center around the start/finish lines around City Hall.
- Laurier Avenue between Metcalfe and Nicholas
- Elgin Street between Cooper and Wellington
- Queen Street between Elgin and O’Connor
- O’Connor between Wellington & Albert
- Colonel By Drive between Rideau & Main
- Colonel By Drive between Main and Hawthorne
- Colonel By Drive between Hawthorne and Bronson
Plus a few others. For a full interactive map for Saturday click HERE.
Sunday May 28th
- Laurier Avenue between Elgin and Metcalfe
- Laurier Avenue between Nicholas and Elgin
- Queen Elizabeth Drive between Preston & Elgin
- Elgin Street between Cooper and Slater
- Elgin Street between Cooper and Catherine
- Wellington Street eastbound between Elgin and Col. By
- Rideau westbound between Sussex and Mackenzie
- Sir John A Macdonald Parkway/Wellington between Booth and Island Park
- Colonel By Drive – Rideau to Hawthorne Ave
- Pretoria Bridge
And many, many….. many more. The full interactive Sunday map is HERE.
Also, if you take OC Transpo, check your bus routes to see if there are any detours HERE.
Happy Running… and driving!