1. Daria officially turned 20 years old this year…
2. So did Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 20 years old!
3. If Bart Simpson aged like a real person, he could be feeding his shorts to his own kids now. He’d be 38 years old today.
4. Jonathan Taylor Thomas (who, of course, voiced young Simba) is now older than Matthew Broderick was when he voiced adult Simba.
5. Steve Urkel is 40 years old today…
6. And Emma Bunton is 41. (BABY SPICE. THE BABIEST SPICE!)
7. Speaking of the Spice Girls, their debut album dropped 21 years ago!
8. In six years, Britney Spears will be eligible for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
Artists are eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record or single. “…Baby One More Time” will be turn 25 in 2023.
9. Calling something “the bomb” is now as obsolete as when your parents said “far out.”
10. If That ’70s Show debuted today and was set the same number of years in the past as it was during its debut, it’d be called That ’90s Show and would take place in 1995.
11. Most kids graduating high school today were born in 1999, which is a year after TRL first aired.
12. One of the most popular colognes of all time, CK One was released in 1994.
13. Weezer is now playing on the oldies station.
Wait, hold on. Buddy Holly by Weezer is being played on classic rock stations? No. I refuse to believe that.— Megan M (@Mugsy211) April 26, 2017
14. The first issue of Teen People came out 19 years ago, when you were an actual teenager.
15. It’s been 20 years since Rose could’ve totally made room on the door for Jack.
16. And 1977–1997 is equal to 1997–2017. We’re also closer to 2030 than we are to 1997. We’ll give you a second.
We’ll give you a second… At your age, you don’t want to hurt yourself!