You can go ahead and put your running shoes back in the closet.
There’s a gym in England that just created a new workout called “Napercise.” You go to the gym, head into one of the class studios . . . and then everyone takes a 45-minute nap. You also do some stretches before or after, but I bet those are optional.
The gym says the class, quote, “reinvigorates the mind, improves moods, and even burns the odd calorie.”
If you need tips on getting the perfect nap, check out this handy guide:
1. Set an alarm, and only sleep 20 to 25 minutes. That’s the perfect amount of time. If you sleep longer than that, you’ll slip into a deep sleep and wake up feeling groggy.
2. Nap at the same time each day. Early is better, so it won’t keep you up at night. But it’s hard during the week if you have one of those annoying things called JOBS.
3. Shut the blinds and turn off the lights. You’ll sleep better that way. It’s also best if you don’t have the TV on.
4. Take a nap in an actual bed if possible. You’ll fall asleep faster. Plus, you’re more likely to be woken up by someone if you take a nap on the couch.
5. Get it as quiet as possible. Meaning no TV, and maybe no music either. If you live on a busy street, think about using earplugs. You might not hear your alarm though.
6. Buy some incense or an air freshener that smells like lavender. A study a few years ago found people slept better and felt more alert if they fell asleep to the smell of lavender. Plus you’ll start associating it with sleep, so you’ll fall asleep faster.