If you’ve been doing the online dating thing and are feeling a little burned out, here are five tips to help you get better results . . .
1. Update your photos and other info. If you’ve got pictures on your profile from 2012 or earlier it’s time to delete ’em and upload something more current.
2. Include something spontaneous or adventurous in your profile. It’s a good talking point, which makes people more likely to message you. Something like the next vacation you want to go on or a rundown of the experiences on your “bucket list.”
3. Don’t judge a book by its cover. A person’s profile can give you a decent idea of what they’re like . . . but it’s no substitute for meeting in person. So if you’re on the fence about someone, give them a chance anyway . . . they might surprise you.
4. Make an effort to meet the people you’re talking to. It’s easy to fall into the trap of messaging forever without actually trying to plan a date. So if you haven’t discussed meeting in person within the first few messages, throw the idea out there yourself. And if they’re hesitant, move on.
5. Try a dating app you haven’t been on before. If you’re burned out with the dating site you’re using, try a different one for a few weeks and see if things are any better.