Remember that time Channing Tatum dressed as Beyonce for Lip Sync Battle? That video tops the list of the most watched YouTube videos in Canada for 2016.
There might be a few gems on this list that you forgot about. So let’s relive the year through the top 10 on YouTube…
1. Channing Tatum’s Beyonce Lip Sync Battle (36.9 million views)
Who run the world? Channing, obviously.
2. Adele does Carpool Karaoke (135.8 million views)
The Carpool Karaoke to beat….
3. So you want to move to Canada, eh? (3.3 million views)
So how many celebrities followed through with their threat to move to Canada? None. Still got a free room for you Chris Pratt….
4. How to be a YouTube Star (9.1 million views)
AKA look… it’s the sexiest man alive…
5. Celine Dion on Fallon’s Wheel of Musical Impressions (19.4 million views)
Celine Dion’s Rihanna impression even featured some attempted twerking…
6. What’s inside a rattlesnake rattle? (59.5 million views)
A question you never knew you wanted the answer to…
7. Zombie apocalypse prank (21.9 million views)
This girl’s reaction to the ‘zombie apocalypse’ after waking up from dental surgery is so priceless.
8. Soccer trick shots (39.2 million views)
It delivers exactly what it promises.
9. Obama can’t say Mississauga (925,000 views)
We love it when Americans try to pronounce Canadian cities.
10. Fort McMurray fire erupts behind Global News reporter (1,140,853 views)
One of the most captivating and devastating stories for Canadians this year, the Fort Mac fires. This incredible video rounds out the top 10.
As for movies and music… two came out on top.
The first trailer for “Suicide Squad” was the biggest of 2016, followed by “Captain America: Civil War” and the official teaser trailer for “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
Rihanna and Drake topped the list of most popular music videos in Canada, with Rihanna’s “Work”, that was shot in Toronto!
Cheers to 2016!