Lots of street closures to know about:
- Rideau and Wellington streets between Sussex and Colonel By Drive and Bank Street.
- Queen Street between O’Connor and Elgin streets.
- Elgin Street between Wellington and Albert streets.
- Metcalfe Street between Wellington and Albert streets.
- O’Connor Street between Wellington and Queen streets.
Most retail businesses in Ottawa must close until 12:30 PM on Nov. 11.
That also includes businesses that are usual exempt from statutory holidays including the Rideau Centre and the Byward Market. There are some exemptions to that rule though…
Some city services will be closed all day.
OC Transpo and Para Transpo will operate a regular weekday schedule on Nov. 11 but if it’s safe to do so, buses will pull over to the side of the road at 11 a.m. to observe two minutes of silence. The Last Post will be played over the radio of OC Transpo buses.