So here is the latest…the water they tested has a green/blue algae that contains cyanobacteria…which produces toxins that could post a health threat.
Here is Ottawa Public Health’s Recommendations for the time being
– Don’t Drink out of the Canal.
– Don’t Swim or bathe in the canal.
– Avoid any activity on the canal that might cause the water to contact your skin
– Don’t let your pets drink, or swim in the water
– Don’t eat any fish caught in the canal during the algae bloom or 2 weeks after it has dissipated.
They continue to do tests on the canal.