The MTV Video Music Awards are this Sunday, so Rolling Stone decided to bait some clicks by revisiting their annual rundown of the “most outrageous moments” in VMA History.
Here’s the Top 10:
10. In 2000, when Tim Commerford from Rage Against the Machine crashed the stage and climbed up the backdrop while Limp Bizkit was accepting an award.
9. In 2013, when Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke, well, you remember…
8. In 2002, when Eminem got into it with both Moby and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog. Eminem shoved the dog puppet away from him, and later, he took a shot at Moby, saying, quote, “That little Moby girl threw me out of my zone.”
7. In 1994, when Michael Jackson kissed his then-wife Lisa-Marie Presley and said, quote, “Just think, nobody thought this would last.”
6. In 1984, when Madonna writhed around in a wedding dress on a 17-foot cake while performing Like a Virgin.
5. In 1991, when Pee-Wee Herman showed up in the wake of his arrest for pleasuring himself in a Florida adult movie theater, and said, quote, “Heard any good jokes lately?”
4. In 1989, when Andrew Dice Clay got banned from MTV after doing a naughty stand-up bit, where he dropped two of George Carlin’s “seven dirty words.”
3. In 1992, when Howard Stern tried to launch a campaign to do a ‘Fartman’ movie, by appearing in character and baring his naked backside. MTV wasn’t amused, and the movie never happened. Although the character did appear in his Private Parts movie.
2. In 2009, when Kanye West “made Taylor Swift famous” by interrupting her and going on his now-notorious rant about how Beyoncé should’ve won.
1. And THE most iconic MTV VMA moment of all time was obviously in 2003, when Madonna kissed Britney Spears (and Christina Aguilera, minor detail).
Who knows what will happen this year, but lucky for us the Queen of the VMAs, Britney Spears, is performing again for the first time since that disastrous Gimme More performance in 2007 and we CAN’T WAIT!
The MTV VMA‘s air this Sunday, August 28th, at 8:00pm.