Now we’re paying for using less electricity over the mild winter. Bah.
Starting today (May 1st), the average home will see its monthly bill go up about $3. The increase is 2.5%.
Here’s how it breaks down:
- Off-peak rates go up to 8.7¢/kWh
- Mid-peak rates go up to 13.2¢/kWh
- On-peak rates go up to 18¢/kWh
So you’ll want to do laundry in off peak hours and avoid the most expensive time.
Here you go:
- Off-peak hours: weekdays 7pm – 7am and all day Sat and Sun
- Mid-peak hours: weekdays 7am-11am and 5pm-7pm
- On-peak hours: weekdays 11am-5pm
- **some holidays are also off-peak hours
More info from the Ontario Energy Board.
If you’re tired of paying, here’s how to live without electricity.
There may be some help for low income families: